Bharatiya Janata Party has officially come out with its first election list. According to the list, PM Modi will be contesting Lok Sabha elections from Varanasi. It is also confirmed that Mr. Amit Shah (Party President) will be contesting from Gandhinagar (Gujrat). A total of 184 candidates have been announced in the list.
Here are all the significant developments you need to know.
- The BJP has officially announced candidates for 184 Lok Sabha seats. A party meeting is scheduled for March 21 (noon) where further candidatures will be discussed.
- Amit Shah (Party President) to contest elections from Gandhinagar (Gujrat). Since 1998, the following seat is held by one of the greatest BJP leaders, Mr. Lal Krishna Advani. Also, this is the first time that Mr. Amit Shah will be contesting in Lok Sabha Elections.
- According to the first Lok Sabha candidate list, PM Modi, Amit Shah, Rajnath Singh, Nitin Gadkari, VK Singh, Smriti Irani, Babul Supriyo will all be contesting elections.
- Rajnath Singh – Lucknow, Nitin Gadkari – Nagpur, Smriti Irani – Amethi, VK Singh – Ghaziabad.
- Six current sitting MP’s have been denied tickets to contest in the Lok Sabha elections. MP’s include – Union Minister Krishna Raj, Anshul Verma, Ram Shankar Katheria, Anuj Bala, Satya Pal Singh, and Babulal Chaudhary.
- VK Singh, Mahesh Sharma, DV Sadanand Gowda, Babul Supriyo and Kiran Rijiju have been renominated to contest in the Lok Sabha elections from the same seat.
- Over 25 current Members of Parliament have been denied tickets to contest in the 2019 Lok Sabha elections.
- According to BJP, a total of 17 candidates have been finalized from Bihar. However, the names will be announced in cooperation with the party’s allies (JDU and Lok Janshakti Party)
- Two women Members of Parliament have been denied tickets in Rajasthan (Santosh Ahlawat and Jhunjhunu). The candidate is replaced with Narendra Khinchad.